Ruislip Physiotherapy trades under Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd is the data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection officer is Kelly Breen.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Demographic data such as name, telephone numbers, email address
• Medical history, medications, current medical concerns that you choose to share with us in your online enquiry form
• Testimonial or reviews that you choose to leave on social media or other websites
Why we need this information
• To respond to your enquiry and advise on the suitability of treatment
• To book/amend appointments and send out confirmation and reminder emails or texts
• To inform the treating Physiotherapist of the purpose of the assessment/treatment
• To be able to participate in audits in order to improve standards of care and practise
We are committed to ensuring that your information is held securely, both electronically and in paper format. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard your data. Testimonials or reviews will be available to view online for an indefinite period of time.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer and you can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can modify your browser settings to decline cookies or click on the pop up box for more information when you visit our site.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website and cannot be responsible for the privacy or protection of data you provide on those websites.
Disclosure of data
Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd will not share your data with any third parties without your consent.
Access to your data
Should you wish to gain a copy of the information we hold you can request this by contacting our Practice manager or Paul Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to 3 Nightingales Corner, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Bucks HP7 9PY. You will receive this information within 1 month of the request.
• To be able to rectify any errors in the data we hold. Please let us know if any of the information we have is incorrect
• To request for the personal data we hold to be erased. However, this may not always be possible if it falls within the time period of our legal obligation to retain the clinical notes
• To be able to change your permission/preferences of who we share your data with at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com with such a request
• To raise a concern regarding how we use your data, please contact our Practice Manager or Paul Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 3 Nightingales Corner, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Bucks HP7 9PY. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or visit ico.org.uk/concerns